How well do you know your character? The things that tickle their funny bone, or those that tug at their heartstrings? Show us how well you know the depths of your character by engaging the audience in 3 rounds of unforgettable improv!
For those about to Act (we salute you)
- Costumes are practically a necessity so we know who you are (and can find content on the character), original designs are highly discouraged.
- Participants are to sign up online prior to the convention. (We will have limited slots for contestants, so sign up ASAP)
- This is a daytime event, and given that our convention is family friendly we will be stamping this contest with a PG-Rating.
The contest will go as follows:
- Contestants will give a 20-30 second monologue befitting their character. (Participants will be stopped if they go over that time limit)
The judges will confer and decide which contestants will go to the next round.
- In “Whose Line” fashion, contestants will be given a scene to act out/respond to as their character from the judges. (90 second max)
The judges will confer and decide which contestants go on to the final round.
Round Three (FIGHT)
- The final contestants will be given a scene to act out/respond to that has been drawn at random from crowd suggestions gathered pre-event. Contestants will also be given a “helper” at random (be it a judge or a random audience member) for this max 3 minute scene.
The judges will confer and crown the King/Queen of In-Character!